Yes that’s right I have created the first .iso for this distribution. I felt a certain amount of apprehension as I thought that with all that work done that it would not remaster and create a bootable disc. My fears were unfounded as it worked flawlessly as a 1450mb bootable DVD.
After that success I continued adding fuel to the fire. Further development notes…
FireDog – though it does not work in this version of Puppy it does give Firepup extra addons and a rather cool look. Word of warning don’t add themes – they will make firepup permanently crash!
- Fluidsynth-Qsynth (Audio Production Menu entry)
- JACK-RACK – does not work but provides an extra audio engine
- RTSynth – may not be working but very difficult to understand
- Rosegarden – installation by piecemeal as it had an old kde library installed and would overwrite the new one
- lmms-0.4.2 (missing lib error until MuseScore installed)
With this selection of Audio software should make most muso’s rather happy – it makes me happy as I tinker with music production and guitar playing.
- Tuxracer-0.6.1 – very old but still the best!
- wesnoth-1.2.4 – very big!
Before moving on I will continue random programme tests to see if any dependency has been overwritten. I expect the iso to be around 1650-1700mbs at this point. I will add around an extra 10-15 classic linux games then create iso v0.1 and continue testing.
Here’s a current screenshot.